Board Member Job description
Term: One Year
Responsible to: Board President
Specific duties (in addition to responsibilities and duties of board member)
1. Maintains all major documents and records of the board and ensures their effective management, retention, and production;
2. Be sufficiently familiar with major documents and records, for example, Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, Board Policies, Board Resolutions, etc. Note applicability of documents during meetings;
3. Develops, manages, and distributes written meeting minutes of board meetings;
4. Ensures collection of meeting minutes from committee meetings;
5. Ensures review and approval of all meeting minutes.
Basic elements of Minutes (BoardSource):
Name of organization
Date & Time of meeting
Board members present, excused, absent
Approximate monthly time commitment: 2 to 3 hours per month.
Motion made by & by whom; Brief account of any debate, voting results, names of abstainers &/or dissenters